Saturday 15 October 2011

Yes I Did

I had a really great time my last week in KOROOT and it was pretty eventful, a lot of things happened. I did a lot of crazy things, things I normally shouldn't have done if I was in Sweden.

  • Went on my second reunion trip in August on my own, without support network
  • Got to see what Swedish businessmen do on their "businesstrips" they drink a lot and then though up (in the plane)
  • I almost missed the flight from Beijing to Seoul
  • Deleyed same flight over one hour
  • Couldn't find appa at the Incheon airport
  • I tried a lot different Soju drinks
  • I was almost hit by a car , happened several times
  • I used the men's restroom by mistake in restaurant
  • I went into a Norebang (Kareokeebar)
  • I got bitten by many mosquitos (very, very many) and developed allergy for it
  • I did cross a street when it was a red light
  • Hit my head on the DMZ busstour
  • Was (almost) left behind in JSA on a toalet break
  • Yelled at by my older onnis
  • Molested in the Seoul subway (more than once)
  • Made some new friends
  • Had to change my wardrobe, bought more conserative clothes , donated same clothes
  • Got lost in Seoul city several times
  • Saw some Korean shows on TV and many American shows and movies
  • Climbed Mt Bukhasan for 6 hours in inappropriate attire with a purse , starting time became over 7 hours
  • Got lost at Bukhasan and visited the Police station in the mountain
  • Made Chuseok food with my family
  • Got to visit my older onnis relative in hospital
  • Got to see my sister's office which was a store
  • Went to N Seoul Tower
  • Visited Gyeungbokgung Palace and had free lunch there everyday
  • Actually I went to Koroot for the free lunch, Gyeungbukgung Palace was just really close so my sisters believed I went there every day
  • Lived with Omma and Appa for four days in Cheonan, watched TV, slept and ate a lot ( I wasn't allowed to go outside even for fresh air)
  • Made a Cyworld Account so now my sisters can contact me easier
  • Got to talk with Hyun on phone , he never visited because he studies at university in Busan
  • Had a coffe break at Hello Kitty coffee shop, the Swedish coffee shop FIKA and the cat caffee
  • Tried every ice cream flavour at Baskin Robbins
  • Was influenced to join a Christian cult several times
  • Was mistaken for Japanese woman in Korea
  • The flight attendants spoke Chinese and Japanese to me
  • Learned to speak some basic Korean phrases with some strange accent
  • Had pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner because they usually eat leftovers
  • Took someone else takeout order at McDonalds , by mistake
  • Sometimes I didn't sleep at all , instead stayed up all day
  • Went to the airport really early before the Check In counters even opened
  • Told a taxi driver that ABBA is from Sweden
  • Was only given Japanese commericals and flyers
  • Had someone literarilly feed while at a restaurant
  • Got really drunk once on Soju and beer
  • Managed to survive an entire month staying at my siblings
  • Got to spoil my siblings and nieces and nephews with gifts, ice cream and food  
  • I wasn't shoot down, deported or sentenced to jail when going to the airport
  • Spent the last week hanging out with some Swedish adoptees
  • Meet many Swedish adoptees and ordinary Swedes in Seoul
  • Went to a Bibap and Cookin Nanta show
  • Made a really good bargain at Namdaemung Market
  • Bought a lot of gifts and souvernirs for friends and family
  • Visited my adoption agency to look at my file
If I by any chance left something out feel free to leave a comment or email me....

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle


Related posts: 

Trip Summary


My Confession

No comments:

Post a Comment