Sunday 22 May 2011

No More Drama

My life up until now has been stabil and peaceful, without any major challenges. But with that said being adopted means that you , speaking from personal experience has a life out of the ordinary, yet a life that's ordinary for you. But there's no way to escape the drama, my life's pretty boring if you ask me but it certainly adds much more drama to be adopted. Yeah, its true all people have their personal struggles and battles to fight, this is just my story.

( I need as litte drama as possible.)

Now when I basically am a grown woman, especially when I'm out with dad in public for example eating out, going to movies et c then I seem to be mistaken for my father's wife instead of his daughter... Yes there are a few Swedish men that marry Asian mail order brides but please, I'm not one of them. I'm a grown up woman, female Korean adoptee.

I've heard that it isn't easy for Korean women in Korea either, they often encounter sexual harassment based solely on their looks and gender. I think that is more common among the carrier women then ordinary Koreans yet I can't be sure.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Epiphany

Return To Sender

Catch 22

No comments:

Post a Comment