Sunday 28 November 2010

Father's Day And Parent Day

In Sweden we have two separate holidays for our parents: dad in November and mum in May. Koreans are clever they have one shared  holiday for both mum and dad in May. I also think Parent Day takes place on the same day as the Children's Day and Youth Day (not sure if the last one exists)...

Today we celebrate First Advent in Sweden and I have put up a new electric candle in my window and also bouth edamer chesee which you only can find in Sweden during the Christmas season. It was really, really cold today when I went into town and all the shops is preparing for Christmas by putting out Christmas decorations...

I'm afraid I will forget how to use chopsticks not that I think I use them correctly but still... So today I decided to practice which wasn't really hard but I stilll can't eat cake with chopsticks. Oh, yeah I've ordered the literature for my Korean course already and I also found a book about Korean slang believe it or not. How am I supposed to write Korean on my computer ? Is it even possible ? If I use a dictonary I can write real hangul in suspected incorrect Korean grammar, my dictionary is an English Korean one. I used to own three but I left two behind in Korea with someone who will have much more use of it than I.

♥ 챠금은안녕. Bye for now.♥

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Kim Kyong Hui

Cinnemon Bun Day

Christmas Spirit

1 comment:

  1. It might make you feel better to know that I have very rarely seen Koreans eat cake with chopsticks. So go ahead and use your fork for that! :)

    And you should be able to change the language settings on your computer to type in Korean. Check the language settings in "my computer" and you can probably add Korean to your list of languages. There should also be a keyboard viewer you can use. Each of the hangul characters is represented by a key so you just have to know which key stands for each character. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete