Wednesday 15 June 2011

Korean Volunteering

Just a thought and a likely possibility...

And since GOAL has been forced to close down due to lack of government funding this leaves KOROOT and TRACK.
Although I suspect that KOROOT also might be somewhat affected of this funding cut...
I'm only interested in trying to help the (Korean) adoption community somehow... And since it seems very likely that I'll be spending an extended holiday there I thought I could make myself useful there while I try to look for a job.

Life's pretty funny (don't get my wrong for using that expression) I know some (Korean) people that never had the possibility that I had, but I still do say that I suffered an emotional scare from that. A permanent one, although I never would try to compare my loss and pain to someone else's.

To live as an orphan and homeless most be such a challenge I acknowledge that, and I will hopefully never know what that feels like. Or to live as a single mother trying to raise your child while trying to earn a living, another challenge one that to me seems just as distant as the first one...

Sweden might not be able to offer me the thing I'm desperately searching for, the thing I still havn't successfully found.. I might be able to find exactly that in Korea. I'm still searching for a place to call my own, to call my home. A place where I belong, where people will not judge me but kind to me.


© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Pain And Greif

Perfect World

No comments:

Post a Comment